Microsoft OpenDoor is the largest Microsoft technical event in Saudi Arabia during Fiscal Year 2011. The event will be so big this year that the keynote speaker will be Microsoft's own CEO Steve Ballmer! This event is a 3-days conference taking place over 2 days in Riyadh city on Nov 2nd and 3rd, and 1 day in Jeddah city on Nov 7.
OpenDoor is designed to attract more than 2200 TDMs, IT technical professionals and developers in Saudi Arabia. The event consists of 3 different tracks: one for IT professionals, one for developers, and one for technical Managers. The event's main theme will be "Transitioning to the cloud & technology roadmap", and it will cover various Microsoft technologies in cloud computing, IW, core infrastructure, client, application platform and tools. Top speakers from Microsoft as well as top local industry experts are participating in the event.
A major highlight of this big event will be the Microsoft partners’ expo where top Microsoft partners show their latest solutions and offerings in the Saudi market.
Following is a brief about the main tracks that will be run during this event:
- Partners Expo: This will be the highlight of the event where sponsoring partners will be demonstrating and showing their local solutions/offerings in the market for the full duration of the event
- General Sessions: 3 keynote sessions, 2 closing sessions
- IT Professional Track: 11 breakout sessions with deep technical demos for IT technical professionals for the full duration of event
- Developer Track: 11 breakout sessions with deep technical demos for IT technical professionals for the full duration of event
- Technical Managers Track: 10 IT management and strategy sessions during 2nd day of the event in Riyadh, and during Jeddah event day